Yamaha Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
924 Posts
Hey NYRAPTOR Welcome to YF - Nice pictures.. those jumps are so high.. I wonder how it feels landing :) Wait until QuickMick see them :)
Again thank you for joining and sharing!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks guys. as long as you don't land flat, the landings are pretty soft. unfortunately that day i landed in the emergency room! the waves were huge that day about 8-10'. even if you only got 10' off the top of the wave, you still had to drop 20' for the landing and we were going way better than 10' off the top that day. i busted my leg up pretty good towards the end of the day.

·
Registered
53 Posts
You are a our hero ! :) thank you for sharing such pictures,,, so high,, so intense,, that require a visit to the emergency room :) j/k seriously I was like wow that's so high.

·
Premium Member
317 Posts
NYRAPTOR, what were you riding, GP800 or GP1200? Looks like an 800 but hard to tell.

Nice wave Jumping!! I use to have a GP1200R and that thing jumped like a pig. The GP's and Blasters jump much better.

Thanks for sharing! And dont worry, couch riders are welcome to YF.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
it's a gp800. i bought it new in 99 and still have it. i only changed the impeller, ride plate, and intake. other than that its stock. had to rebuild the engine at around 120 hrs. valve got stuck and blew a piston. that style hull seems to jump really well. i mostly ride over at the dunedin causeway. we get some good little waves in that inlet between caladisi and honeymoon island. the first pic is me power sliding up in NY at sunset. the 2nd is ski's first time in florida.

Attachments

·
Registered
66 Posts
wow ...all i have to say... welcome

1 - 11 of 11 Posts