Yamaha Forums banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Banned
2,476 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finally got something I've been thinking about for a while for my '09.

Probably gonna put it on this weekend. Hopefully the weather will be alright.
I wonder what it's gonna do on the dyno, if anything. Should have dyno numbers in about 2 weeks.

·
Banned
2,476 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Not sure on the rev limiter (double it) but what it'll do is pretty much smooth out my powerband and possibly get me a few ponies from add-ons (like air filter and slip-on).
We'll see what happens on the dyno, really curious to see what the numbers look like stock

·
Premium Member
738 Posts
Finally got something I've been thinking about for a while for my '09.

Probably gonna put it on this weekend. Hopefully the weather will be alright.
I wonder what it's gonna do on the dyno, if anything. Should have dyno numbers in about 2 weeks.
Ah you have bought bigger jets for the carbs :rofl:

·
Banned
2,476 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
For slip-ons only, it's not needed. In fact, some people think it's a waste of money.
If you get an air filter, like a BMC, and a slip-on then you are starting to get on the border of needing a PC (power commander) or Bazzaz (another company that sells a unit similar to PC).
If you get a full system exhaust then you FOR SURE need something like a PC or Bazzaz. If you get a full system, you might as well get a new air filter too and smog block off plates to get a correct A/F (air/fuel) ratio.

Keep in mind, that just getting either the PC or the Bazzaz will not be enough. You need to tune it to your bike. There are a couple different options to do that.
1. You can get an auto-tune add-on that is sold through both companies. In this instance you will be able to tune the bike on your own.
2. If you don't get the auto-tune then you will need to take your bike to a shop that has a dyno so they can run the bike and dyno tune the module to adjust the correct A/F ratio.
3. You can download a generic map for your bike, but it won't be the same as getting it set up perfectly to your bike (either by the auto-tune or the shop doing it for you).

·
Registered
11 Posts
another question when i take off after sitting at a red light it kind of bogs down then it takes off after it gets rolling will the pc help it from doing that

·
Banned
2,476 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
It might. How many miles do you have on the bike? Any modifications done to the bike besides a slip on?

·
Premium Member
738 Posts
another question when i take off after sitting at a red light it kind of bogs down then it takes off after it gets rolling will the pc help it from doing that
You have over jetted (in modern terms allowed the FI to supply too much fuel at low rpm ... I would guess the 'return to stock' settings would be a good place to start
Regards Jim

·
Banned
2,476 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
then how can it do a TON more work then the 2003 ram i also drive????and why is its MPG higher, and HP/ torque higher??
Cause the Ram is a piece of crap. Now, keep this shit on topic or your next message will go missing. If you want to talk about your vintage trucks, start up a new thread. :thnx:

1 - 20 of 42 Posts