Yamaha Forums banner
221 - 240 of 264 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hey from Jay

Purchased a few Yamahas in the past few weeks.
1- Going to get back into snowmobiling. Picked up an 05 Vector. First time with a 4 stroke sled.
2-Picked up a pair of Waverunners. 2008 FXHO and a VX Cruiser, I have put a few hours on each and am very happy.

I live on the St. Lawrence River near Brockville Ontario.

·
Registered
1 Posts
NewB

Hello from the lower Ozarks! My name is Chuck. I recently purchased a 2001 YZ426FN and am planning on going through it this winter. Nothing major hopefully, just needed maintenance, perhaps top end and clutch. I've owned and currently own several brands of bikes. A friend owns a track down the road and the bug has bit me again. :thumbsup: I'm looking at gaining a good resource here and expect to contribute a little of my own. Ride safe! :ride:

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello from Iowa

My name is Jason. I started riding ten years ago on a GSXR 1100. I since have sold my toys to start my business completely unrelated to bikes. I have recently purchased a couple of project toys for my sons. One being an 1983 pw80(s) the other is a Frankenstein 4-wheeler. The pw80 is what has brought me here. I have several questions so far and am not sure which thread to post them in. Any help would be appreciated and I look forward to the knowledge we are going to gain here. Thanks

·
Registered
1 Posts
Its good to see all the new members. I haven't been able to get on lately, I had surgery Oct 1 and then after I got recovered from that 3 weeks later I got sick. Double whammy. I'm doing better now.

In case I did not say...
I'm ****, 43, I live between Houston and Galveston Texas.
I use to race my quad back in 96-97 just for fun nothing big. Don't be a hater but its a Honda 300EX, back before the day of the larger displacement quads. I bought it new in 95 and still own that Quad.

After that I changed to water sports. Bought a Yamaha Wave Blaster 2 and shortly after that started racing that thing. Came in 4th Overall in my region with the smallest displacement (760) ski in my class in 02.

In 03 I moved up to 1200CC's with a Yamaha GPR single pipe Limited ski. I raced 1200 RA Amateur Veterans and 1200RA Super Stock. I did pretty good learning my new ski and being intimidated by the big boys.
In 04 I won the #1 Championship in my class 1200RA AM Vets here in my region, and 2nd Place in 1200RA Super Stock the same year racing both classes.
I ended up going to race in the World Finals that year at Lake Havasu City.
My first heat I was in 4th untill I missed a buoy and that bumped me up to 7th. Heat #2, I missed another buoy and came in 10th, which they only took the top 6 of each race for the final race and that put me out. I didn't care because just to race in the WORLD finals was enough of an accomplishment for me.
In 05 I won first place the first race then jet ski racing died in Houston, all the races were moved to Dallas and further north to Oklahoma. With fuel prices hitting 3 bucks a gallon I couldn't make the drive every other weekend, so I hung up my handlebars and sold my big 1200 ski.

Then I turned to freestyle riding and bought a stand up ski. A 95 Yamaha Super Jet, with a big pipe and ported motor.
My friends and I go to Galveston quite a bit and jump the waves out in the Gulf quite a bit. (You can see this ski in the watercraft section of YF)

Wouldn't you know it, Jet ski racing came back to Houston in 08.
So I built up another Wave runner... A Wave Blaster with a slightly modified engine and a after market pipe and other stuff.

I raced this ski this year and won the regional Sport Modified #1 Champ, Its not to much of an accomplishment because racers in my class was very slim. Just for good competition the racing promoter combined my class with another equal class of the same size ski to make a good race with 7 to 10 people on the line.

WOW I wrote a book.

Bottom line, keep doing what you love to do and don't let anyone tell you, that you cant do it with what you have.
The guy in front isn't always the guy that wins the race... its the guy that finishes the race.
I am new to the forum and do not know how to get around yet. In what reading I have done, I believe that you are the person that I would like to ask a question of and I hope that you will give me your opinion on the matter. Before I state my question, I want to state that I have talked to local Yamaha PWC dealer and was basically told that information being asked was not given out but that they would perform service...NOT A GOOD ANSWER TO A CUSTOMER. My ski is a 1994 VXR 650..it had set for two years..130 compression in both cylinders, spark on both plugs, new fuel lines, carb was rebuilt BUT, oil lines were hard, brittle loose fitting and one was cracked. The questions asked of the dealer were 1) what id size of the lines and how to prime/bleed the oil system and 2) because of the age, would it be better to remove the pump and use pre-mix? Simple questions but no help from Yamaha dealer. Can you help me with your opinions in this area? Thanking you in advance,

·
Registered
3 Posts
Greetings Members and Visiting Guest,

I live in Central Florida. I sold my 96 1100cc Wave Runner. Then purchased a 95 and 96 700 cc Wave Runners. My wife wanted her own PWC. Turned out to be the best Solution. Now she has purchased a 87 Yamaha Sun Classic Golf Cart. So she can walk her American Blue Bull Dog. We're both 70 years young and Retired. I worked 52 years in the Automotive Industry, as a Technician/Mechanic. I started riding Motorcycles at the age of 14. Still riding today.

·
Registered
1 Posts
New to the Forum

Hi I'm new to this forum and just want to take the time to introduce myself.

My name is Albert and I'm looking to try my hand at off-road riding for a change. To date, I've been debating on a number of bike possibilities and one that caught my attention forsale is a 1989 TT350.

But before I jump in the deep end I thought I'd to do some snooping around and to see if I'd be able to find out more about this bike to see if it will suit my needs. So please bare with me till I can establish and familarise myself with this bike and the inner workings of this forum....:worthy:

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hello!

Hello Everyone. My name is Chip and I live in Northern California. I was a teenager in the late 70's and have owned/ridden various Yamaha's over the years. I had a JT2 60, a YZ80, YZ100, '82 YZ125 (still have it), RD350s, RD400s, etc. I love 2-strokes...but like all motorcycles.

Why did I join this forum? I have an old Yamaha 50cc motorcycle that was my grandfathers. I can't figure out what model it is and am hoping someone on here will be able to identify it. Besides that, I think it will be fun to read about, and see pictures of other members' projects, and maybe I'll post some of my own.

Best regards, Chip. :smile2:

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hey

Hey,

I'm Jonesy and I live in Nambucca Heads in Australia. I picked up a cheap '81 XS 250 that hadn't run in years. Got it running a couple of days ago but it's rough as guts. Leaks like a sieve. Having a lot of trouble finding parts for it too. This is my first motorcycle so I'm sure my inexperience is mostly to blame. I'm really looking forward to getting running and looking good.

Cheers

Jonesy

·
Registered
3 Posts
Greetings from fly-over country

Hello everybody. I'm back to owning a Yamaha. My first ever bike was a 70-something XS 650. I loved that thing, despite the purple color. Later I had an '82 XJ 650, loved that as well. Went some years without riding (after the kids came along, I'm sure some of you know what that's like) and then got a Harley.

My neighbor had an XS 850 triple that he'd had for decades. It was running when he parked it about 3 years ago. Now that he's moving to New England and doesn't want to take the bike with him, he talked me into buying it from him dirt cheap.

I'm probably going to be posting a TON of questions on this as I work to get it running again over the winter.

·
Registered
1 Posts
New member from a flooded Texas.

Hi, This is my 53rd year of riding. I'm about to retire from work so I can ride a little more. I currently own 7 motorcycles, down from 9. I'm going to continue to sell until I get down to about 3 or 4. I think I'll keep a DRZ400, a Superhawk track day bike and a FZ10. I may also keep my Burgman 650. Notice I didn't mention an FZ1 or FZ6. I sold my FZ1 to get the FZ10. I don't want to step on any toes, so I need to find out what the rules are for posting things for sale while being a new member. I have a steering damper and saddle bag mounts for my 2012 FZ1 that I would like to sell. OK or not?

221 - 240 of 264 Posts