Yamaha Forums banner
21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Super Moderator
1986 FZ 600
34 Posts
It's all about give and take .. get this , lose that ... Ain't that the $hits ...
Yeah, you are right. I guess the bottom line is what are you willing to give up? Stock OEM is designed to provide the most performance efficiently at the lowest emissions. No one is gonna need all the horsepower these bikes have available while they are riding on the streets. For that matter, riders who can push a stock bike to it’s limit on or off the track are very rare - most of the gains from aftermarket add one are never really used by the rider. Nice to have though, not gonna lie.

·
Registered
Way too many to list....
164 Posts
I've been riding stock bikes all my life . Plenty to handle , I do miss my YZ450 Fs , KX 250 Fs , The Ninjas and Fasers .. Even enjoyed the Vrod ... Slowing down a little now at 70 .....,

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
No one is gonna need all the horsepower these bikes have available while they are riding on the streets.
- Maybe not on my CBR1000RR or ZX7R, but definitely on the Bolt.
The 50-60 hp are are easily needed and used while accelerating or top speeding.
It´s not like the front wheel aims for the moon at full throttle on this machine : )

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
I've been riding stock bikes all my life . Plenty to handle , I do miss my YZ450 Fs , KX 250 Fs , The Ninjas and Fasers .. Even enjoyed the Vrod ... Slowing down a little now at 70 .....,
- Stock configuration is alright except for the generic issue. All bikes looks and handles the same...i prefer a more individual ride both when it comes to visual looks of the bike and the performance.

·
Super Moderator
1986 FZ 600
34 Posts
- Maybe not on my CBR1000RR or ZX7R, but definitely on the Bolt.
The 50-60 hp are are easily needed and used while accelerating or top speeding.
It´s not like the front wheel aims for the moon at full throttle on this machine : )
Ah, yes, I stand corrected. My head operates in the sport bike world on most forums, I lost sight of the bike in question.

·
Registered
Way too many to list....
164 Posts
- Stock configuration is alright except for the generic issue. All bikes looks and handles the same...i prefer a more individual ride both when it comes to visual looks of the bike and the performance.
I have to disagree , 90% of all stock Japanese dirt bikes are built with my size in mind ..No ,2 brands are the same as far as handling . Suzuki has the best handling , Kawasaki is way off there , engines are good . Honda is most reliable and simple . Yamaha is best All around ... This is where I specialize . Streeters are only 20% of my stable and sales .. I worked for a dealership , and have many years of assembling , servicing , delivery , and test riding ...

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
I have to disagree , 90% of all stock Japanese dirt bikes are built with my size in mind ..No ,2 brands are the same as far as handling . Suzuki has the best handling , Kawasaki is way off there , engines are good . Honda is most reliable and simple . Yamaha is best All around ... This is where I specialize . Streeters are only 20% of my stable and sales .. I worked for a dealership , and have many years of assembling , servicing , delivery , and test riding ...
- It´s okey to disagree ; )

But what i mean is that stock bikes are similar within their respective "group", i.e. the Suzukis has their features, the Kawas has their specifics etc.

When i get a bike, i like it personalized. More power, lighter, better looking and so on.
(by the way, the ZX7R is the coolest 90´s superbike)

·
Registered
Way too many to list....
164 Posts
- It´s okey to disagree ; )

But what i mean is that stock bikes are similar within their respective "group", i.e. the Suzukis has their features, the Kawas has their specifics etc.

When i get a bike, i like it personalized. More power, lighter, better looking and so on.
(by the way, the ZX7R is the coolest 90´s superbike)
I agree with that . I rode the Ninja Z1 . My buddy painted it with the Marlboro logo scheme . Wish I had pics , Lost in the moving mess . Boxes of pics , somewhwer .....,

21 - 28 of 28 Posts