Yamaha Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Especially since my current steed is a 1988 model.....

Here's a few more of my previously owned steeds.....

Actually still have this one....it's what got me into YamaThumps in the 1st place.....

Not too many places this Beast hasn't taken me....

Think I miss this one the most.....

Finally sold it back to my friend I bought it from, after moving back from Central Oregon 3 years ago. Great thing is that he turned & sold it to a quality Resto guy who's returning it back to it's original state.

Rode this 1 for 4+ trouble-free years......

Had a real history with this Beast.....

After riding it for almost 13 years.....It'd seen every kind of weather condition known to man. Once, I even rode it through a (4.5 on the ricter) EarthQuake on the way to work 1 [email protected] 3-digit speeds!:hairraising:
Finally, sold it to a friend with over 130k on the clock......still running like a 2-Wheeled Timex to this day.

& Lastly (for now)...this is the Beast that started my Seca fetish.....

What an Awesome commuter this was......50mpg....would top out @ 110mph....& could Rail the Twisties as well as the RD. :cool:

·
Banned
2,476 Posts
REALLY cool set of bikes you've had/have. I hope one day I'll be able to go back in the archives and pull out cool bikes like that. The most nostalgic thing I've had so far was my '99 R6 (which was the 1st year the R6 was made). I bought it used so it had aftermarket fairings and had a polished frame/polished wheels. Really wish I could have kept it and restored it back to original, but with no garage it's a tough thing to do

·
Premium Member
738 Posts
REALLY cool set of bikes you've had/have. I hope one day I'll be able to go back in the archives and pull out cool bikes like that. The most nostalgic thing I've had so far was my '99 R6 (which was the 1st year the R6 was made). I bought it used so it had aftermarket fairings and had a polished frame/polished wheels. Really wish I could have kept it and restored it back to original, but with no garage it's a tough thing to do
Hi xzpolskix;814j
this runs out what I have said else where .... If I altered an R5 your saying thats wrong but its ok to adjust a 99 R6 why ? try to remember that I was tuning and altering those bikes back in the 70's just as you are doing now so in 20 years there will be someone saying that a '99 R6 should be 'as it was from the factory' ... but by the same token if you need an old Yamaha altered/tuned let me know as I could be a mine of information in that area.
Regards Jim

·
Banned
2,476 Posts
I'm not at all saying it's wrong to alter ANY bike. I'm just saying that classics should be that, classics. Personally, my old '99 R6 I was gonna restore to original condition just because to me it's a classic. Will it look the best? No, I don't think it will but it will give people something to look at when they see it on the streets.

·
Registered
39 Posts
My first bike... TZR80RR.-

Oooooh... My really first bike (had before an old third hand Derbi FDT50 (in reality, with a 125cc engine))...
It was sooooo nice!!! And performed so well...
If I could find mine (bought it brand new in Sept´93 when I was 16 and sold it due to an accident my brother had with it in 1995) round there, I would for sure try to recover it...

P.S.: The pic is not of my one... But it was exactly the same... Even with the net on the sit to carry my second AGV Quantun Rainey (Rainey#1 4ever) Replica.

·
Premium Member
738 Posts
Oooooh... My really first bike (had before an old third hand Derbi FDT50 (in reality, with a 125cc engine))...
It was sooooo nice!!! And performed so well...
If I could find mine (bought it brand new in Sept´93 when I was 16 and sold it due to an accident my brother had with it in 1995) round there, I would for sure try to recover it...

P.S.: The pic is not of my one... But it was exactly the same... Even with the net on the sit to carry my second AGV Quantun Rainey (Rainey#1 4ever) Replica.
Well Nice
I have a TZR125 of the same vintage and they do look the same .... the 80 was not imported to the UK so I guess we missed out
Regards Jim

·
Registered
7 Posts
Yamaha electric scooter

Yamaha is targeting fashonable green-minded consumers with a new electric scooter designed for short city commutes.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Sweet bikes! The only vintage bike that I own is a 83 KX 250. Im still working on it, I bought it from a friend for a 100 bucks. It been a good prodject.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts