Yamaha Forums banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A few years ago I acquired a 1987 Yamaha FZ700T that had been low sided and scraped up a bit but not wrecked badly. The owner bought a new Yamaha and then his wife demanded her side of the garage back so I was able to get this one from him for a very decent price. I do have a Certificate of Ownership in my name. I was primarily a Triumph rider back then, so this was destined to be a project bike. Fast forward a few years and I moved from Seattle to Texas, bringing this project with me. It has been stored indoors since I acquired it, but I have never attempted to start it.

I am thinning the project bike list down a bit now, and there has been some interest in this one. I have also been told that this model may be somewhat rare due to it being in limited production in 1987, however at this point that is strictly one opinion. So I am appealing to the experts for an opinion (my expertise is now Goldwings and Triumphs). If you had one of these, is it valuable enough to spend some time restoring, or is this 'rare' just an old wives tale and I should let it go?

Attachments

1 - 1 of 1 Posts