Yamaha Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well my big bore kit finally killed my stock starter. If anyone out there comes across a good LIKE NEW starter for a ZUMA, let me know.

Kick starting this bastard when its cold is a no go. Its a cold natured beast and with the stupid auto choke that does not help either.

That new Zuma 125 looks better every day!!

·
Premium Member
924 Posts
Sorry to hear that :( did you try looking in ebay? I'm sure you can find something and for cheap.

·
Premium Member
317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yea Im looking now.

·
Premium Member
738 Posts
well my big bore kit finally killed my stock starter. If anyone out there comes across a good LIKE NEW starter for a ZUMA, let me know.

Kick starting this bastard when its cold is a no go. Its a cold natured beast and with the stupid auto choke that does not help either.

That new Zuma 125 looks better every day!!
It's only a jog with new clothes on
and I guess the little diaphram on the top of the carb has gone brittle and not defaulting to cold start position like it should .... this motor bored to 65cc would make no odds to the starter motor at all but what may have happend is the choke went out of spec and the starter was worn out through too much use. The bike should start on one kick irrespective of it's state of tune.
Regards Jim

·
Premium Member
317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It's only a jog with new clothes on
and I guess the little diaphram on the top of the carb has gone brittle and not defaulting to cold start position like it should .... this motor bored to 65cc would make no odds to the starter motor at all but what may have happend is the choke went out of spec and the starter was worn out through too much use. The bike should start on one kick irrespective of it's state of tune.
Regards Jim

That scooter might start with one kick, but mine wont when its cold.

I dont have anything stock on my ZUMA other than the crank and cases.

Do not get my Zuma confused with the other scooters out there. HIGH COMPRESSION killed my starter, this is a big problem amongst the big bore builds out there.

THere is a dude on Ebay selling a starter for 40 bucks.. and 20 shipping. Once again we have people who scalp on shipping.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Electric Scooter

Yamaha Motor Co., Ltd. (TYO:7272) has officially announced the release of its new zero-emissions electric commuter, the EC-03 scooter.

The silent 50cc scooter features a super-slim Yamaha Integrated Power Unit (YIPU) which includes a brushless DC motor, compact controller, drum brake and planetary gear transmission housed inside the rear wheel hub.

The EC-03 is powered by SANYO Electric's newly developed, high energy density 50V lithium-ion battery which can be plugged into a standard 100V electrical outlet. The battery also contributes to improved torque.
:ride:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts