Yamaha Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I picked up this bike this morning, rode it home perfectly fine. Took it to get a tyre put on and now ever since the front brake has been binding heavily. The guy said the rim was put on backwards and he supposedly put it the right way but now I’m thinking it was fine and now he has put it on backwards! As I got home and checked all my callipers and the pistons seems to be moving freely so now wondering if the tyre is not sitting right as the rim is now backwards?
So I need to determine a way to see if my rim is on backwards and it’s obvious with the tyre you can see it on the rubber but can’t see anything on the rim?
Tire Wheel Vehicle Automotive tire Automotive lighting

Wheel Tire Automotive tire Locking hubs Automotive lighting

·
Registered
2 Posts
If anyone else should come across this post and wonder the same thing, there's an arrow on one of the 3 spokes on the front wheel showing which way it should rotate when installed correctly. The center hub is a few MM wider on one side than the other. Also if you had to pound the crap out of your axle to get it installed, the wheel is on backwards.

And for the record, the front tire tread is backwards on a front motorcycle wheel. It will be the opposite of the back tire.

The photo that the OP posted has the tire mounted wrong or like he suspects, the wheel is on backwards. The guy who mounted his tires was clueless. It's a pain, but this is why I mount and balance my own bike tires myself.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts