Yamaha Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

I did not see a category for my bike to ask my question, so I decided to post here since it's a V-Twin.

I have a 2007 MT-01 and this past summer I lost one of my keys. I believe I may have thrown it out accidentally while I was cleaning out my garage, either way it's nowhere to be found. I still have one left and the master key(red).

My question is how to I get myself another key? Where do I get another one and how much would it cost roughly?

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
327 Posts
Hello all,

I did not see a category for my bike to ask my question, so I decided to post here since it's a V-Twin.

I have a 2007 MT-01 and this past summer I lost one of my keys. I believe I may have thrown it out accidentally while I was cleaning out my garage, either way it's nowhere to be found. I still have one left and the master key(red).

My question is how to I get myself another key? Where do I get another one and how much would it cost roughly?

Thanks in advance.
I think I would show it to a locksmith, if they don't have the key ask them if they can cut one if you get one. Then check with a Yamaha dealer for one. If it's too expensive then check Ebay for one.

I'll bet a Yamaha dealer can get one for sure going by the VIN number on the bike. Just trying to give you some options.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the reply. I never thought of the locksmith as an option. I'd just figured Yamaha might've been my only option and expensive.

I'll check those options, Thanks again

·
Registered
327 Posts
Thanks for the reply. I never thought of the locksmith as an option. I'd just figured Yamaha might've been my only option and expensive.

I'll check those options, Thanks again
I bet a bunch of Yamahas use the same key type. Are you in the US?

Does this look like it?

[ame]https://www.amazon.com/Black-Yamaha-1998-2010-Blank-Uncut/dp/B07CVLRCDS/ref=sr_1_1_sspa?keywords=2007+yamaha+mt-01+key&qid=1582341307&sr=8-1-spons&psc=1&spLa=ZW5jcnlwdGVkUXVhbGlmaWVyPUFZV1NLUTczVjZIOVYmZW5jcnlwdGVkSWQ9QTA0MzA1MTIyQkc3OUY3MFRGSE1XJmVuY3J5cHRlZEFkSWQ9QTAxMjQxNDYyWEdTM08wQjc1WExUJndpZGdldE5hbWU9c3BfYXRmJmFjdGlvbj1jbGlja1JlZGlyZWN0JmRvTm90TG9nQ2xpY2s9dHJ1ZQ==[/ame]

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yes, almost exactly like that. Hmmm, it says it isn't chipped, I always thought my keys were chipped.

I live In Ontario, Canada

Thanks for this.

·
Registered
327 Posts
Yes, almost exactly like that. Hmmm, it says it isn't chipped, I always thought my keys were chipped.

I live In Ontario, Canada

Thanks for this.
There are a bunch of blanks listed on Ebay for that bike but they are all from China. Probably better just call a dealer and ask them what's up....

1 - 7 of 7 Posts