Yamaha Forums banner

High milage impacting insurance settlement

1K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  Dianne 
#1 ·
Looking for options to challenge the insurance settlement.

I crashed my 2000 Yamaha v star 1100 - with sidecar a week ago. I am fine - but she is written off :-(

Insurance placed the value of the rig at $4,000.00 because of the high mileage over 150,000 km. I put a lot of $$$ in to the bike mechanically. The sidecar frame was built and installed a year ago by a former DCM pro.

I just swapped out the passenger side car for the large aluminum tool box -- used in pickup trucks.

My question, so you think this is a reasonable settlement? And do you have any ideas on how I must challenge this decision. Thanks for your input.

Dianne

Discussion starter · #5 ·
The insurance is to "make you whole" meaning replacing what you have with something just like it. This is a tough one because of the custom work but I think I would get a bid from someone to build another sidecar or if you have a way to prove what your payed even better. Get at least one ad for a bike just like yours to show the insurance adjuster. This is how you challenge them.
Good luck!
Thanks - I am on it! ;-0

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.