Yamaha Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’m trying to resurrect an old XT 350 that was given to me. Pretty much everything is correct with the exception of the rear wheel. It Seems to be off center of the swing arm and frame by 1/2 to 3/4 of an inch. All the spacing seems good on the hub. The chain is aligned and brake stay lines up. All the frame measurements seem to indicate no damage to the frame. I thought it might be a bent swing arm so I replaced it. No change. My thought now is that the wheel might be laced wrong but there is so little runout in the rim I don’t believe it has ever been re-spoked. please let me know if anyone has seen this before or has any ideas. Thanks

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi - sounds like the rim needs to be re-aligned to the hub. I've experienced a similar problem and all that was needed was adjustment from the spokes.
That’s the only thing that I could think of. I thought I might be crazy taking apart a true wheel but I’ve heard “God hates a coward” so I’ll give it a shot this weekend. Thanks very much for your input! I’ll let you know how it works!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
That’s the only thing that I could think of. I thought I might be crazy taking apart a true wheel but I’ve heard “God hates a coward” so I’ll give it a shot this weekend. Thanks very much for your input! I’ll let you know how it works!
After relaxing the wheel everything fell right into place. There are actually 4 different length spokes on that wheel. Apparently someone re spoked the wheel before me and got the wrong spokes on the wrong side of the wheel. Short inners and otters go toward the brake. Thanks for your help!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts