Yamaha Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Banned
2,476 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Maybe I'm the only one that plays games on here (HOPE NOT), but I figured it might be cool to get some new game reviews. This way in case someone buys a game and thinks it stinks, it can save some of us the $60 from making the same mistake.

My review:

For anyone that loves racing games, this is a must! The 1st Dirt game that came out a year or so ago and was great and insanely addicting. Not only does it have a HUGE choice of cars, but can be as challenging or as easy as you want.
Dirt2 has a decent selection of cars, but can be customized with different liveries (car sponsorship decals) as well as interior toys. You can have something hanging from your rearview mirror and move like your car does or you can mount something on your dash or do both. You can also set the height on your car/truck, stiffness of the springs, braking bias (front or rear), downforce and a few other things.
The graphics definitely don't dissapoint. Not only does it look realistic, but adjusting your cars setting will DEFINITELY make a difference in the way it handles.

Overall:
You will not be disappointed with spending your $60. I spent my 1st night playing it til about 5 in the morning. Great game

·
Registered
66 Posts
i played dirt 2 today and agree its a GREAT game.

·
Banned
2,476 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Anybody try out the MX vs. ATV Reflex game yet?

Looking into a good offroad game but it's gotta have really good graphics. This game looks good, but between the 3 reviews I read at BestBuy, it doesn't sound like all that great a game for a guy that rides street :)

·
Premium Member
610 Posts
Dirt 2 is freakin amazing lol. I'm wanting to get the Reflex soon but I don't have it yet. My buddy has the new Modern Warfare and it is great if you like war games.

·
Banned
2,476 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yea I'm more into sports/car games but I played a COD game and it was great. Haven't had the time lately to get into the new one so I haven't bought it yet

·
Premium Member
924 Posts
Whoa how come I missed this thread? Thank you Chris for this, I just created a special forum for gaming, arcade, etc.
I didn't play dirt 2, I need to try it out, now I play UFC. :biggrin:

·
Banned
2,476 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Alright. Since we had about 2 inches of snow on the ground yesterday and my wifey wasn't gonna get home for an hour after me I decided to go out and get MX vs. ATV Reflex.

The last time I played an offroad bike game was about 7 years ago. This game is awesome. Even though I only got to play it for an hour, it definitely is challenging enough for me on easy but still offers a good time. So far I've only ridden the dirtbike, but the graphics make the game well worth it. Wherever your tires goes, there are grooves in the mud.
Very good attention to detail and sound. When you are riding around, you can hear the rocks banging around. Another nice part of the game is that as you are jumping hills, if you come down wrong it will show you an arrow so you can move the analog stick so you don't fall off.
Definitely worth trying out. It's my first MX vs. ATV game, and for $60 it's worth it.

Can't wait to hear when you off-road guys try it out

·
Registered
53 Posts
Playing through two games in my spare moments. Assassins Creed 2 is proving a large improvement over the original, very pleased with that purchase.

Borderlands is still commanding a few hours of my attention each week, I'm yet to actually finish the damn thing. Just hit level 30 and am doing the Jaynistown storyline, not sure how close that brings me to the end.

·
Banned
2,476 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Playing through two games in my spare moments. Assassins Creed 2 is proving a large improvement over the original, very pleased with that purchase.

Borderlands is still commanding a few hours of my attention each week, I'm yet to actually finish the damn thing. Just hit level 30 and am doing the Jaynistown storyline, not sure how close that brings me to the end.
Yea I wasn't very impressed by the original Assassin's Creed. Played it once and gave it back to a buddy. That's the main reason why I didn't try the second one. Do you have to have any knowledge from part 1 to play Assassin's Creed 2?

·
Registered
66 Posts
I agree reflex is a Awesome game. It's hard to get used to but it's fun and actually challenging

·
Registered
19 Posts
Dirt 2 is pretty sweet. Motor Storm and Motor Storm pacific Rift are both fun, theyre more of a ******* style of offraod game, but fun when u have 3 freinds over.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts