Yamaha Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello!
Need some help here. I have a 2002 G20 that has a major issue.

when the engine starts it doesn’t shut off. It stays wide open throttle the whole time and continues to run even when I turn off the key, AND remove a battery terminal. Needless to say it is dangerous as you have to stop it by braking hard and going up against a tree.

the only way I can shut the motor off is to pinch the fuel line shut and starve it out.

I did some research and found that it could be the motor shutoff relay. I replaced the relay but am having the same issue.

also for reference the backup horn is not working either. Not sure if this has anything to do with it.

many help is greatly appreciated!!! I’m a farmer and this cart is our main transportation around the farm for doing chores and feeding animals. I can afford a new one! I know it’s gotta be something simple.

·
Registered
369 Posts
Hello!
Need some help here. I have a 2002 G20 that has a major issue.

when the engine starts it doesn’t shut off. It stays wide open throttle the whole time and continues to run even when I turn off the key, AND remove a battery terminal. Needless to say it is dangerous as you have to stop it by braking hard and going up against a tree.

the only way I can shut the motor off is to pinch the fuel line shut and starve it out.

I did some research and found that it could be the motor shutoff relay. I replaced the relay but am having the same issue.

also for reference the backup horn is not working either. Not sure if this has anything to do with it.

many help is greatly appreciated!!! I’m a farmer and this cart is our main transportation around the farm for doing chores and feeding animals. I can afford a new one! I know it’s gotta be something simple.
My guess is the throttle cable stuck/bad.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts