Yamaha Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have KT 857 on my 4-wheeler now and as far and the ride and traction during trail riding they are great tires. I am just curious if i should go with a more aggresive tread like the KT705. My ? is which would be the better ride and get more traction in the trails.. The 857 has a bunch of knobs on it and overall does good and the 705 has the V design in the middle is self cleaning and supposed to be good traction too and im just hoping someone here has had them. Thanks for your time.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
And im pretty sure both tires are considered all-terrain but the 705 would have a better mud rating. But im worried about all round traction on different kinds of terrain.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
oh and it's a 2x4 4-wheeler will be riding on a little bit of everything but mainly dirt and or creeks (so some mud). Im in the mtns of southwest VA. So if u get a chance to see the tread on the tires maybe u can see my little dilemma lol. Thanks again man im not trying to be a bother just want to get the right tires for me and looking for ppls opinions.

·
Premium Member
610 Posts
You should post pictures of both the tires that would help alot. I run ITP holeshots on my warrior but that's more of a sport quad tire and doesn't do anything for you in mud. Just post a picture then we can help ya more.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
the 705 is actually a match to my front tires. I just know the 857 has good traction that i dont want to miss out on. Im starting to think the 705 should be just as good traction and maybe better in mud. What u think? Thanks for ur time. (
(the 857 is on left and the 705 is on right.)

·
Registered
3 Posts
the 705 is actually a match to my front tires. I just know the 857 has good traction that i dont want to miss out on. Im starting to think the 705 should be just as good traction and maybe better in mud. What u think? Thanks for ur time. (
(the 857 is on left and the 705 is on right.)

It looks best. Thanks for sharing this.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Stumbled upon this post as i was browsing for some info about ATV tires. can someone give me comparison on the Dunlop KT radial tires to Maxxis Cheng Shin series? What i just know is Dunlop only has 4-ply while Maxxis tires comes in 4- and 6-ply

1 - 11 of 11 Posts