Yamaha Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Installed my clutch and now I'm having difficulty with the clutch cover. When cover is installed and and cable is put on the case, it feels like their is a clutch. But when I turn the ignition on and press the clutch and put it in first gear the bike does not more back and forth, indicating to me that the clutch is not working. When I put the gear back into neutral and start the bike it makes a squealing nose from the clutch cover. Took off the cover and started the bike in neutral and the noise went away.... how do install it correctly so I can avoid the issue I'm having? Watched a few YouTube video's and its not working out for me.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
When the clutch leaver is engaged I can see through where the oil is supposed to be filled the pressure plate moving, so it looks like the clutch cover is installed correctly, but when in first gear and the clutch leaver engaged the bike is not moving back and forth... only in neutral does it move back and forth does anyone know what I am doing wrong?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hey man my name is I'm sure if I am supposed to say my name. Anyway did you get your clutch fixed. Sometimes new clutches can be a little sticky at first. Did you soak all of the plates in oil first?

Clutch plates and brackets where all soaked in oil, but I used a different oil then what goes in my bike. Would that make a difference?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts