Yamaha Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
1998 grizzly 600 is leaking gas out of the bottom of the carb where a gas line attaches. Schematic shows an overflow line and a brether line. Each line connects to the bottom side of the carb and discharges under the atv. One line on the left side and one line on the right side of carb. The right side line leaks gas out the end of the line when the gas valve is turned on and while running the motor. Not a little drip. This is a constant stream. Why is my carb doing this? Float problem? Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
53 Posts
Your carb needs to be rebuilt. Its either a float problem or needle valve and seat issue... Gas is controld by the float push the needle valve up into the seat which shuts the gas off to the carb. any issue in these three areas and the gas will not be "shut off" and only called on demand like it should be doing if it were working properly. Check the needle and seat. Are they worn? does the needle come to a point or is it rounded? Is the seat clean? Does the seat have a grove worn into it? Check and replace if need be. Check the Float, does it have a hole in it? does it leak fluid after being submerged? Check and replace if need be.

# 11 and 10 in the picture are as follows

NEEDLE VALVE ASSY - Part#: 4WV-14190-28-00
FLOAT - Part#: 4WV-14985-00-00

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Atlas,
That is what I suspected but wasn't positively sure. Guess I'm going to dig into it and give it a shot! Thanks much! CH

1 - 3 of 3 Posts