Yamaha Forums banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I posted this under scooter but since they make the parts for all bikes I thought I'd had it here as well.

When looking for better braking I found a great set up. On a scooter your at a real disadvantage on down hills by not having gears to hold you back. I have heard many complaints about the brakes getting spongie. I myself really like to dive into turns hard and I can heat them up quick. I installed "Galfer" wave rotors and EBC race formula brake pads. NIGHT & DAY. The wave rotor really gets rid of the heat and the new brake pads thrive on heat instead of turning to mush. They are about like stock brakes for acouple blocks then when they get alittle heat to them you really feal the differance. I purposlly took a ride into the hills and totally put the scoot and brakes to the test. I give the set up a giant thumbs up. They make them for all the bikes and would be a great ad on to any. Besides the rotors just look cool. :) And to my pleasant surprize the rotor and pads where cheeper than factory parts. I've had them on for about 1000 miles now and love them. Oh yea one more MAJOR reason to change. About one tenth the brake dust as factory pads. That in of itself would have been enough for me to change.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts