Yamaha Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I have been working on my front brakes on my Yamaha v star 950 for 3 days now. Been bleeding the brakes non stop and they still will not pressurize. I have taken the MC apart twice now and it is working correctly. No more air bubbles is coming out of the bleed hose either. I am at a stand still and not sure what to do.

·
Registered
369 Posts
So I have been working on my front brakes on my Yamaha v star 950 for 3 days now. Been bleeding the brakes non stop and they still will not pressurize. I have taken the MC apart twice now and it is working correctly. No more air bubbles is coming out of the bleed hose either. I am at a stand still and not sure what to do.
Maybe the piston(s) are stuck in the caliper.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Maybe the piston(s) are stuck in the caliper.
Possibly. I read somewhere that if you leave the master cylinder open for a period of time it will allow any trap air rise up out of the system. If that doesn’t help then I will probably need to take the caliper apart and check it out

·
Registered
369 Posts
Possibly. I read somewhere that if you leave the master cylinder open for a period of time it will allow any trap air rise up out of the system. If that doesn’t help then I will probably need to take the caliper apart and check it out
you tube how to bleed M/C brakes, then go from there.

·
Registered
369 Posts
I know how to bleed. But there is a leak somewhere cause I have a bubble that will go back up when I go to close the nipple
if you have a leak it will leak brake fluid from it.
If there are no leaks with fluid coming out and you have bubbles there is stuck air in the system.
If you can't get the master to harden like a good brake pedal I bet the master is bad.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts