Yamaha Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2005 Big Bear 400. It got hot one time and ever since it almost refuses to start at first. Once it starts, it will usually start fine on sequential starts. If it sits for a half hour or so it is hard to start again. It is not a fuel issue. I have had it at 2 authorized Yamaha dealers and one Kawasaki dealer. I am the proud new owner of 2 perfectly fine CDI boxes, and a fully services 4 wheeler that will hardly start. Does anybody have any ideas?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I see no one want to tackle this one. I have eliminated the switches. Still just seems to be the initial start of the day or a use for a while anyway. Another crazy thing is that I can try and try to crank it when its loaded up in my truck, finally give up and roll it off onto the ground, and it will crank then. I guess I could just be jiggling a bad wire when this happens. Seriously thinking about just puttin a complete new wiring harness, now that I have traced everything around, it doesn't seem like that big of a job.

·
Registered
128 Posts
have you got a good manual for it my bro had the same problem and after taking it to the dealer for a very expensive so called fix it turned out to be an electrical issue that he fixed himself. goodluck with it thats a good machine

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have the same problem with my 2011 big bear 400,first start of the day is very iffy,not flooding nor starving for gas good spark,its the owner of a new spark plug.coil,stator,carb ignition switch,tried another cd box,cleaned and greased all electrical connections,ether does not help.Once its been started runs great and good until shut down over night very frustrating.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts