Yamaha Forums banner

Best trailer?

2K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  Lee Taylor 
#1 ·
Hi,
I have a 2018 VX Cruiser. Looking to get a new trailer for it. It has a continental but its crap. Looking to upgrade to a magic tilt or Triton. Any one better than the other?
Vehicle Sky Wheel Tire Automotive tire

See less See more
#3 ·
Thanks for the information. I actually went to the only triton trailer dealer in my area yesterday to inquire about the trailers and they refused to sell me one saying that they were saving theirs for when their new seadoos come in... Which they have the new seadoos come in but they are all missing their instrument cluster and ECU's due to part shortages. So i was like then sell me one you wont need it for a while. they refused :( may need to travel outside my area to another dealer and see.

#4 ·
Please avoid the venture brand though, poor galvinization, my 2021 has rust spots, tons of rough edges, leaf spring, old non LED lights, light mounts suck, not very adjustable. appear to be strong framed, but with a thin 2x3 tongue.

Oh and make sure you get a triton LT, not the "Wave", the wave is tiny meant for sparks. even my ex would look too big on a wave
Vehicle Tire Wheel Motor vehicle Tree

#5 ·
Have had a Triton for 20 years and a Karavan for 5 years. My old Waverunner is on the Triton (aluminum) and my Lowe Stryker is on the Karavan (galvanized). I think they are both excellent products. I am a salt water person. I have learned that leaf springs are painted carbon steel and subject to rusting and breaking. I have always washed down my trailers after use in salt water but now I also lay down and spray the springs and running gear really well. I addition I learned that farmers spray their outdoor equipment with a 50/50 mix of kerosene and motor oil. I do this on a regular basis and the rust is "almost" stopped in its tracks

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.