Yamaha Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK, yeah, I'm a geek.

For those of you out there that like to code, I'd like to turn you on to AutoHotKey (if you don't know about it already).

On the surface it would appear to be just another hotkey/key mapping program. Spend some time and dig a little deeper and you will find out there isn't much you can't do with it.

To me, it's easier and more intuitive than any language I've messed with. I've used it to write game cheats, invoicing programs, site scrapers and more.

For example, by using a combination of a few functions in it like ImageSearch or PixelSearch, I was able to write a program that searched the screen for a pixel of a certain color, then automatically move the cursor to it and click. I had a headshot hotkey for many games, before I got bored of it from being too easy.

If you're good at coding, the possibilities are endless.

If you're just a hack, AHK can make you look like a genius.

They have a great community and the users post and share scripts for just about everything.

As much as I would like to take credit for it, I'm not affiliated with it in any way. I just thought I'd mention it to the users on this board.

AHK has become indispensable to me and I'm sure that if there are any AHK'ers out there, they probably share a similar enthusiasm.

-
-
-

·
Premium Member
924 Posts
I'm not very good at macros but I know AHK is an excellent tool for controlling the Win desktop without going into C.

·
Banned
2,476 Posts
:hide: I got no clue what any of this stuff is. Guess I should be glad I know how to turn on the computer and long on here :)

·
Premium Member
738 Posts
I'm not very good at macros but I know AHK is an excellent tool for controlling the Win desktop without going into C.
Not to good for us from 'the dark side' (Linux users) I have played with AHK on my windoze netbook and it is well worth a mention
Regards Jim

1 - 4 of 4 Posts