Yamaha Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
924 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
YamahaForum Chat is an all-new way to interact with your YF Buddies in real time. Now, remember, you must be registered in order to take advantage of the Chat feature, so if you haven't already, now's the time! Anyway, let's go over a few of the features it offers:

• It works right out of the gate, with no software to install or plugins to add to your browser.
  • It integrates directly into your vBulletin buddy list, so you have control over who can IM you and who can't.
  • It has built-in status options - you can set yourself as "Online", "Away", "Invisible", or "Offline" at any point depending on whether or not you feel like chatting. You can even write your own custom status message to clarify your status.
  • It understands if you're logged in or not, and will update your status automatically based on that information. As soon as our site reflects that you're online/offline, so will the chat.
  • There are a few useful buttons on the left that allow quick access to common functions. Those buttons are completely customisable on our end, so we have the option of adding/removing buttons at any time.
  • It follows you wherever you are on the site - if you are chatting with a few buddies and you decide you want to check out the Level Showcase, those chat windows will follow you so you can continue your conversation.
  • It also follows you from tab-to-tab - if you like to have multiple YF windows/tabs open at once, it will update conversations across all tabs, allowing you to continue your conversation from wherever you are.
If you don't like the chat, you can easily disable it. Click User CP > Edit Profile >Edit Your Details, then scroll all the way down to the "Enable Chat" option. Once you pick "No" and save your changes, you don't have to worry about it ever again (unless, of course, you change your mind later on down the road - in that case, you can easily re-enable it).

Enjoy!

·
Premium Member
180 Posts
I knew you could do it :applause:

·
Premium Member
738 Posts
Hi
I have it no one online .... billy no mates again lol
Regards Jim

·
Premium Member
924 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The Who's online shows your online friends (previously added). I will play with code and make it to show all the users online.
The public chatroom on the left bar is open to all the users.
Hope this helps :)

·
Banned
2,476 Posts
Really cool addition. When someone sends you a message, the window that you are using for YF keeps blinking til you read the message

·
Premium Member
317 Posts
WELL done!!!

·
Premium Member
738 Posts
Now, you can see all the members online instead of the friends only.
Hi Adam,
good addition, its good to talk to new members as well as the old guard (sorry for the UK English again) but does the code add a new user to the chat module on their on set, which would be cool, as "older" members could welcome newbies (?) in real time
Regards Jim

·
Banned
2,476 Posts
Yea it does Jim. As soon as someone signs up, they're name appears in the list. Now, if they got into the User CP and disable it, then they will not be shown

·
Premium Member
738 Posts
Yea it does Jim. As soon as someone signs up, they're name appears in the list. Now, if they got into the User CP and disable it, then they will not be shown
Hi Chris
that's cool but I guess the interface (from the BB supplier) could do with some work perhaps New Posts should read New Posts (X) X being the number of posts to the users subscribed areas/topics ... just a thought
Regards Jim

·
Premium Member
924 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Hi Adam,
good addition, its good to talk to new members as well as the old guard (sorry for the UK English again) but does the code add a new user to the chat module on their on set, which would be cool, as "older" members could welcome newbies (?) in real time
Regards Jim
It's possible to set a bot that greet new members... if you are familiar with irc and eggdrops, It will be the same concept of coding a tcl.
I'm not sure if I want to put that much effort and time into it. It seems serving the purpose :)

·
Premium Member
924 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Public Chat Room

FYI - We have a public chat room open to all the members to join and enjoy. To do so it's pretty simple:
1. Click on the Chatrooms Icon
2. Click on YF Chatroom to join the room.

Below is a picture showing the above steps location.

Thank you :)

·
Premium Member
924 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Another update, I added the chatbox on the top of the homepage, instead of the inconvenient bottom left. If it's loading and not working for please clear your browser cache: usually under your browser options > clear private data > clear cache :)

done! :)

·
Premium Member
738 Posts
That's awesome Adam. Glad you finally got it to work
except there is no one here !!!! :) Wednesday, 04 November 2009 17:16 utc
Regards Jim

1 - 18 of 18 Posts