Yamaha Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have the wet clutch sent off and put new clutches in the clutch basket went to put it together today and got it all together and now it won’t go into gear.also we have been push starting it by putting in 4th gear and holding the shifter up and letting it go when a lil speed built up well we tried it today and it won’t do nothing went to try to push it backwards and it turned over like it was in gear it seems like something is backwards now and I’m lost being this is the first time I’ve ever done clutches is there a certain way the wet clutch Has to be or could it be the cam fork position off plz help

·
Registered
369 Posts
I have the wet clutch sent off and put new clutches in the clutch basket went to put it together today and got it all together and now it won’t go into gear.also we have been push starting it by putting in 4th gear and holding the shifter up and letting it go when a lil speed built up well we tried it today and it won’t do nothing went to try to push it backwards and it turned over like it was in gear it seems like something is backwards now and I’m lost being this is the first time I’ve ever done clutches is there a certain way the wet clutch Has to be or could it be the cam fork position off plz help
Check for notches worn in the clutch basket, they say it can make the clutch stick.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Here is some you tube links to 2 or 3 Videos I seen and saved awhile back of a guy showing how to replace the clutches in a Yamaha 350 4x4 Big Bear. I have a Big Bear and the clutches were slipping because I was using automotive oil instead of motorcycle oil for wet clutches.

If the links don't work just do a you tube search and you will find them. He explained it very good.

C:\Users\owner\Documents\Yamaha Big Bear info\How to -Yamaha Big Bear 350 Remove Centrifugal Clutch Basket Hub Friction Plate Drive Gear Set - Bing video.mht

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?...0F1B989DC120398A44A80&view=detail&FORM=VIREHT

C:\Users\owner\Documents\Yamaha Big Bear info\Yamaha Big Bear clutch replacement video.mht

·
Registered
6 Posts
In the first and 3rd link click on the you tube title at the bottom of the black video and it will start playing.
You may have to copy/paste the links into Microsoft edge or Internet explorer instead of using google chrome.

If none of this is viewable, just search for such and you will find it on You tube. Very good instructions in detail.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have a 1991 Yamaha big bear 350 4x4. Problem I am having is, is that replaced the centrifugal clutch with a factory Yamaha clutch and also got the tusk clutch and friction plates. So everything is all new. I put it back together and not it jumps worse that it did before. Also to if you shift into first gear and hold it up it tries to run away, when held up it should be in a neutral of a sort. From what I can figure the shift cam and the arm that's supposed to depress the clutch basket is not working properly. Any ideas what's going on?

·
Registered
369 Posts
I have a 1991 Yamaha big bear 350 4x4. Problem I am having is, is that replaced the centrifugal clutch with a factory Yamaha clutch and also got the tusk clutch and friction plates. So everything is all new. I put it back together and not it jumps worse that it did before. Also to if you shift into first gear and hold it up it tries to run away, when held up it should be in a neutral of a sort. From what I can figure the shift cam and the arm that's supposed to depress the clutch basket is not working properly. Any ideas what's going on?
I put tusk clutch plates in my manual clutch and it sticks when cold, like I don't have the lever pulled when in reverse. It has to be the plates sticking together by the oil I don't think it can be anything else. So very strange! only in reverse too! And only when cold.
My friend has the same Warrior 350 and his does the same thing after he put new a new clutch. (tusk).
This is different because ours are manual not centrifuge but still....I think it has to be just the plates sticking together when cold.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts