Yamaha Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 89 warrior 350 that I've been trying to ger spark on for awhile. i have another running warrior that ive takin parts from to see if i can find out what's wrong on mine. I've swapped the ignition coil, plug, key, handlebar switch, neutral switch and the clutch switch. none of that made a difference so i bought a new stator from caltric and that dident make a difference either. the last thing to try was the cdi so i bought a new one and it still hasent worked. any ideas? this is a picture from my Manuel of all the components in my ignition system

Attachments

· Super Moderator
1986 FZ 600
90 Posts
It sounds like you have hit all the usual suspects. The only unknown for me is if the parts off the other warrior were indeed good. It was running, so assuming they were, I would be heading out to the shop with that diagram and a tester to go through the wiring harness. I am questioning a burnt wire, corroded connection, or most likely a bad grounding point.

Also: Please don't take offence but this has to be asked - You are holding the spark plug tip against the cylinder head when you look for spark right? Sorry, I have been pages into troubleshooting before and it wasn't until the guy posted a video that we figured that he was doing part wrong. I don't think that is the case but just throwing it out there.

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It sounds like you have hit all the usual suspects. The only unknown for me is if the parts off the other warrior were indeed good. It was running, so assuming they were, I would be heading out to the shop with that diagram and a tester to go through the wiring harness. I am questioning a burnt wire, corroded connection, or most likely a bad grounding point. Also: Please don't take offence but this has to be asked - You are holding the spark plug tip against the cylinder head when you look for spark right? Sorry, I have been pages into troubleshooting before and it wasn't until the guy posted a video that we figured that he was doing part wrong. I don't think that is the case but just throwing it out there.
yes I've been grounding the plug to the cylinder head, I went through the wiring harness and it seems good. the 2 wires circled in red I'm pretty sure are the ones that provide the power for the spark. its producing around 1-2 volts with the new stator and the old stator. is that enough for the spark? or is that low?
Font Parallel Rectangle Engineering Circuit component

257 KB

1 - 3 of 3 Posts