Yamaha Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I chose the 426 cause it is an ungoverened motor. stock 12.5:1. way better then any stock atv. have to go aftermarket to get ratios like that and no rev limit!!! i turn 13200 rpm with this moror! so going to a wr450 system would do me no good. The diagram in manual says it has a yellow wire coming from a charging coil in the stater. i have a 7 wire stater...3 for tps, 3 for ignishion, and 1 for power. cant i just get an inverter to turn it down to DC ??
Diagram says Yellow it goes to an external reg/rec. On the actual bike it goes to CDI.
yamaha tells me i cant do it. i dont wannt hear that! i know i can do it im just unclear in the field of stater outputs vs. dc.
~matty

·
Premium Member
738 Posts
I chose the 426 cause it is an ungoverened motor. stock 12.5:1. way better then any stock atv. have to go aftermarket to get ratios like that and no rev limit!!! i turn 13200 rpm with this moror! so going to a wr450 system would do me no good. The diagram in manual says it has a yellow wire coming from a charging coil in the stater. i have a 7 wire stater...3 for tps, 3 for ignishion, and 1 for power. cant i just get an inverter to turn it down to DC ??
Diagram says Yellow it goes to an external reg/rec. On the actual bike it goes to CDI.
yamaha tells me i cant do it. i dont wannt hear that! i know i can do it im just unclear in the field of stater outputs vs. dc.
~matty
Hi Matty
The yellow wire going to the CDI is not good news as a fix you will need to produce a new circuit by removing the yellow & black wires from the cdi and re earthing (dodgy buisness though) the cdi. The yellow & black wires will perhaps run a 12v dc circuit with the aid of a reg/rectifier but bear in mind if you do this there is a chance that the engine kill switch/brake light switch (anything that earths) may blow the stator or cdi box due to a back feed from the earth. I think I would get a few spares in if you attempt the project just in case it fails ... if you could send me a wiring diagram for the YZ426F & if you have it the WR to
Regards Jim

1 - 2 of 2 Posts