Yamaha Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2021 VX Limited HO on pre order. I was given a date of early May, then June 10, now sometime in July.

Is the GA factory building waverunners? Any hope it comes in June? Trying to decide if I should just cancel, or not. Please let me know if you have any insight.

·
Administrator "Loose Nut" - From Houston, Texas
152 Posts
Unfortunately don't have any insight as to when production will catch up. Yamaha isn't the motor company having issues. When there's the number 1 selling vehicle in the US sitting waiting for parts, you know it's bad.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have a 2021 VX Limited HO on pre order. I was given a date of early May, then June 10, now sometime in July.

Is the GA factory building waverunners? Any hope it comes in June? Trying to decide if I should just cancel, or not. Please let me know if you have any insight.
There is a dealer hold on the vx models for some reason but I don't know what it is I'm waiting to get mine also

·
Registered
1 Posts

Following - I put a deposit in May on a waverunner that was supposed to be shipped on 6/14/2021. Dealer is now telling me Yamaha has changed date from 6/14/2021 to ‘blank’. Not sure what ‘blank’ means, guess I’ve now entered the ‘wait and see’ stage.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Finally 1 month later i got mine had to call the dealer service department to find out they had the part but when I was told it would be ready I went to pick it up it was still in the showroom l had to go back a couple of hours later and it was finally ready

·
Registered
3 Posts
Ordered my EX Deluxe in early March, supposedly for May delivery. No calls from the dealer so I contacted them about three weeks ago. Yamaha told them on May 28th that the unit was "crated and ready for shipment". As of 6/28 it still has not shipped. My dealer is getting zero information from Yamaha as to why a completed PWC has not shipped when it is a month overdue.

Apparently, Yamaha isn't into actually shipping stuff.

·
Super Moderator
438 Posts
Ordered my EX Deluxe in early March, supposedly for May delivery. No calls from the dealer so I contacted them about three weeks ago. Yamaha told them on May 28th that the unit was "crated and ready for shipment". As of 6/28 it still has not shipped. My dealer is getting zero information from Yamaha as to why a completed PWC has not shipped when it is a month overdue.

Apparently, Yamaha isn't into actually shipping stuff.
Talk is there are shortages of people working. This includes truck drivers. Could be why.

·
Super Moderator
'03 VStar 650 Classic,'06 Stratoliner,'01 1600 Roadstar Silverado
18 Posts
I read an article yesterday that said 25% of 18 wheelers are sitting, not enough drivers . The new regs from state to state have made it so most of the old timers said enough is enough.

·
Registered
8 Posts

I pre ordered 2021 fx svho limited in October. Delivery and/or shipping date has changed half dozen times. Dealership has no answers as to why keeps being delayed. Then I hear horror rumor and stories that I should get money back because it’s not coming. So frustrated. Just looking for anything positive.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I pre ordered 2021 fx svho limited in October. Delivery and/or shipping date has changed half dozen times. Dealership has no answers as to why keeps being delayed. Then I hear horror rumor and stories that I should get money back because it’s not coming. So frustrated. Just looking for anything positive.

·
Super Moderator
'03 VStar 650 Classic,'06 Stratoliner,'01 1600 Roadstar Silverado
18 Posts
I posted in your other thread , I would call them and find out what is up.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I posted in your other thread , I would call them and find out what is up.

Thanks for the link. I called Yamaha customer service and spent 15 minutes on hold only to be told that I should go through my dealer for status on Waverunner orders. Since I already knew my dealer was getting zero information from Yamaha, I asked if the CSR could give me any information in general with regard to Waverunner production. He said that 2021 Waverunner production was scheduled to end in August when they would be starting on the 2022s.

Evidently, I should have ordered a snowmobile from Yamaha instead.

·
Registered
1 Posts
My dealer called today (7/30/2021), my VX CR HO was to be delivered this week but..... Now, all 2021 orders are cancelled BUT I can get a 2022 with a $500 credit (price will go up but yet to see the number). Delivery by end of year....we shall see. I am disappointed but the supply of parts etc are disrupted and Yamaha or the dealer cant help that....I will keep my order and hope I get to ride next spring.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I ordered a VX Limited on March 1 and still no delivery. My dealer told me earlier this week my order has not been cancelled. Based on your news I am slowly losing hope on a 21 model.

·
Registered
8 Posts
My dealer called today (7/30/2021), my VX CR HO was to be delivered this week but..... Now, all 2021 orders are cancelled BUT I can get a 2022 with a $500 credit (price will go up but yet to see the number). Delivery by end of year....we shall see. I am disappointed but the supply of parts etc are disrupted and Yamaha or the dealer cant help that....I will keep my order and hope I get to ride next spring.
I ordered a VX Limited on March 1 and still no delivery. My dealer told me earlier this week my order has not been cancelled. Based on your news I am slowly losing hope on a 21 model.
My FX SVHO LIMITED delivery that I ordered in December was pushed back for like the 10th time. Supposed to leave warehouse on August 12th now. I’ve basically conceded this year and hoping for the best. I’ve also ordered my 2022 which was the plan all along to buy one n get the next the following year. Now hopefully I will start next season with two. Here’s to all good things come to those that wait. I hope….

·
Registered
3 Posts
I thought I'd finish up the last details. Finally received my Waverunner on August 16th. Although I was tempted to tell them that they could keep it since summer is pretty much over. While the dealer was apologetic, there was nothing they could do except communicate better early on. I got a survey card from Yamaha asking about my experience with the dealer. They weren't interested in my opinion about Yamaha.

The Waverunner ran great in the two weekends we had it out. Now I pay for storage.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts