Yamaha Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Put 10 hrs on last year. Battery drain down three times. Changed to new twice. Still an issue. When i pulled it out of the water the bottom keel area had scratches and a 6"x6" piece of gelcoat missing right down to the fiberglass. Yellow painted bottom from factory and black gelcoat in color. The ski has been with the service dealer since 3/26/22 with no repair date in site. I've called Yamaha 8 times getting the run around the same with the marina. Anyone have the same bottom issues and or electrical issues ?

Thanks ,

RSKI62

·
Registered
41 Posts
I am only a garage mechanic and the following is non professional speculation

My first thought on the battery is that it is not being charged between uses. In other words what device on your ski charges the battery when it is not being used? and is it functioning? Do you use a "Battery Tender" when the ski is just sitting and not being used?

My first thought on the gel coat is did it come from the factory in a defective manner? In other words, does the gel coat meet the design specification from a composition perspective? and from a form and shape perspective? Was it applied incorrectly during manufacture, or is a design problem. The other question to answer is: did an operator (ski rider) unintentionally and accidentally cause the gel coat to become missing

The first thing your Yamaha Design Engineer (if it were to go that far) is going to do, is to make measurements until he can determine the cause(s) of the problem

Delays in repair are usually because it has not been determined who is going to pay for the repair. Until someone commits to pay for the repair it will sit and remain unrepaired.

Yamaha's warranty is one (1) year unless you can prove (with evidence) they are negligent in design or manufacture

1 - 2 of 2 Posts