Yamaha Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
I recently replaced both halogen bulbs with H4 LED bulbs. These new bulbs exceeded my expectations with performance. I have the kit that powers both headlights at one time. I was concerned that powering up 2 halogen headlights may be overtaxing my charging system on short trips. Also, I chose these bulbs because they have built in fans to help lower temps (high operating temps often kill led bulbs). In addition, I was able to get 50% off, they currently offer 30% discount.

Aiming the new bulbs is critical. Each headlight (2014 Zuma 125) has two phillips head adjustments directly below the lamp. An internet search will reveal a few easy measurements to help you get your headlights aimed correctly.

For less that 25 bucks, you can greatly improve your night time illumination and daytime visibility to others. Note: you will need to modify the rubber seals that fit over the back of the halogen bulbs to fit over the larger base of the new LED bulb. All the best.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B081YYNFLV/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o04_s02?ie=UTF8&psc=1

·
Registered
27 Posts
Hello gruelens,

Thanks for the information on the LED replacements. I’ve also had the dual headlight harness myself (and love it). Although I put it on a trickle charger, I’d like to go with a dimmer bulb or LED, just to be on the safe side. Zuma Lights also sells the dimmer halogen bulbs than the stock.

ZUMALIGHTS.COM - Yamaha Zuma Dual Headlight Harness Kit. Performance lighting for your scooter (BW's)

Also, I’d like to get a stronger brake/tail light bulb just to be seen better back there. I don’t have the Koso Afterburner modification but would like a brighter bulb for the stock tail light.

One thing that I’ve read is that LED lights have a blue hue to them that gets absorbed and makes a dimmer light behind the red tail light.

— Rick Rudge

1 - 3 of 3 Posts