Yamaha Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2017 EX Sport Waverunner. Page 52/53 of the Owner's/Operators Manual are very misleading and caused me over $500 in damage (labor & parts). Even the Yamaha technician at Sherman Powersports in Sherman TX indicated he needed to email Yamaha and explain that their instructions for adding oil into the 'oil tank filler cap' (the dipstick) is wrong...he indicates that Yamaha instructs the tech to unclamp a hose and pour the oil into the hose. I poured ~3 quarts of oil into the into that oil tank filler cap as instructed...thus causing oil to get into spark plugs and smoke when started...I needed an oil change, new spark plugs and labor for diagnosis and repairs. I will be complaining to Yamaha directly for reimbursement and corrective action to make the User Manual information correct and clear.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Total oil quantity (~3.4L) should be split, half in the oil tank and half in the valve cover (black cap next to spark plugs). The hose is used to extract oil from the bottom end (oil pan) allowing you to get the oil from the bottom end as well as then extracting it from the sun tank (yellow cap with dipstick) this allows for a complete oil change as opposed to the old VX1100 engines that would only allow changing the oil in the sub tank as there was no way to extract the oil from the bottom end (oil pan)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Total oil quantity (~3.4L) should be split, half in the oil tank and half in the valve cover (black cap next to spark plugs). The hose is used to extract oil from the bottom end (oil pan) allowing you to get the oil from the bottom end as well as then extracting it from the sun tank (yellow cap with dipstick) this allows for a complete oil change as opposed to the old VX1100 engines that would only allow changing the oil in the sub tank as there was no way to extract the oil from the bottom end (oil pan)
Thanks...I appreciate the guidance....yet I still believe the Yamaha published Operator's Manual is incorrect and misleading thus causing unnecessary damage and expense fir which they are liable.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts