Yamaha Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had this issue last season when I put craft away for the winter. Launched it this year and engine was fine for about a 10 minute ride. Next time I started it up, I got the same issue. Here's what I have:

Upon turning engine on, I get a fuel warning. Continuous beeping, flashing warning light, 2 lower fuel bars flash as well. Gas tank is full. Alarm can be silenced, but light and bars remain. Speed tops out at @ 20MPH. Engine occasionally feels like it wants to go, as it surges like it will go, but then it goes right back to not going well. If I hold selector button on display down for @8 seconds as suggested in the repair manual, I get an error code of 01 - not sure what that means - you'd think the manual would tell you. I also hooked it up to YDS/YDIS software, and it didn't show any issues. I am thinking either a clogged fuel filter or a defective fuel pump. Or, maybe some electrical problem that is also causing the fuel warning even though there is plenty of fuel. Anyone have any thoughts for me on this one? Thanks very much.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
How old is the fuel? Is it ethanal fuel. Ethanal deteriorates quickly and a full fuel system cleaning is the only real fix.
It is regular gas, 87 octane. I guess that’s 10% ethanol, but is that what you mean? Put some fuel additive in it, but that didn’t seem to do anything. When it was put away for the winter it was winterized and stabile was put in fuel, at least I was told that was the case. The guy who did it could have forgotten I guess. I don’t think he would have lied. So, you agree it is most likely a fuel issue? Thank you very much for your response.

·
Administrator "Loose Nut" - From Houston, Texas
33 Posts
Might be a pain, but I would drain the fuel tank, your lawn mower will probably work with the older fuel. Put fresh fuel in with seafoam or another fuel treatment to clean the rest of the system out. Might take a while to flush the old fuel out. If it's an old fuel issue you should see an improvement within 10 minutes or so. Might take longer if small passages are partially clogged. Let us now the outcome.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks. I’m not sure how I am going to drain and hold @ 13 or so gallons of fuel, but I’ll try to figure something out. I’ll keep you posted on how things go. Thanks again for the replies - very much appreciated.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts