Yamaha Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,
I just bought a 2012 FX Cruiser SHO. It was a local good deal that I could not pass up and as it only has 50 hours on it. I'm excited!
What are known issues with this machine and do I need to worry about the supercharger? This is my first Waverunner so any maintenance tips and if I need to change any parts or anything to make it more reliable would be helpful... thanks in advance.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Congrats 50 hrs is quite low. Do your routine maintenance, change the oil once a year (depending on use) and change your spark plugs between 70-100 hrs. Lube the S/C impeller shaft annually as well. In regards to the S/C itself, they aren’t very problematic despite what you may hear on the internet. There was a rolling change from 2012 models onward to the idle gear and drive gears for the S/C going from a 60 tooth to a 57 tooth. There are identifiers on the idler gear to see if yours has the update or not but requires removing quite a number of components to verify. The ones I have repaired failed at the one way bearing causingthe idler gear to essentially stop the super charger impeller from being driven by the crank drive gear. Only once have I seen one idler gear seize up and buzz all of the teeth off it. All of these were above the 230hr mark though.

·
Registered
68 Posts
On a turbo charged engine I would say sure but on a super charged engine being that the super charger is constantly driven it doesn’t really require one (at least adding much benefit if any)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
They claim the Blow-off Valve Kit improves supercharger reliability and performance by relieving unwanted pressure during off-throttle operation. Reduces supercharger clutch & gear wear and eliminates heat soak in discharge tube.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts