Yamaha Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,
I'm not getting spark on the output side of my coils on cylinder 2 and 4. I replaced the coils but the problems persist. I'm seeing power on the input side of the coils with an inductive timing light but not output.

I am waiting on an adapter to read peak input voltage but if it's irregular on those two cylinders what should I be looking into?

Thanks ahead of time yall!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I went ahead and cleaned up the grounds on those two coils and the common grounds for the harness on the back of the block. I saw no change; as far as having enough current to light a timing light.

I do see current after the bullet connector on the input side of each coil, but until I get the peak voltage adapter in the mail I only have a theory that I'm not getting enough juice to light the coil.

·
Registered
Way too many to list....
292 Posts
I went ahead and cleaned up the grounds on those two coils and the common grounds for the harness on the back of the block. I saw no change; as far as having enough current to light a timing light.

I do see current after the bullet connector on the input side of each coil, but until I get the peak voltage adapter in the mail I only have a theory that I'm not getting enough juice to light the coil.
Are you using a proper spark tester ?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts