Yamaha Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for some advice: New LIon battery, voltage is fine. Starts up great when cold, first push of the button. But when I'm out on the water and shut her down, and let it sit for awhile (especially when outside temp is high) then when I push the starter button, nothing happens. Push and push and then finally, it turns over and starts. The number of pushes in this scenario is getting more and more. Starting to think I'm going to get stranded. Obviously something with the electronics.
Anyone have this issue and can steer me to the right fix?

·
Super Moderator
542 Posts
Looking for some advice: New LIon battery, voltage is fine. Starts up great when cold, first push of the button. But when I'm out on the water and shut her down, and let it sit for awhile (especially when outside temp is high) then when I push the starter button, nothing happens. Push and push and then finally, it turns over and starts. The number of pushes in this scenario is getting more and more. Starting to think I'm going to get stranded. Obviously something with the electronics.
Anyone have this issue and can steer me to the right fix?
Sounds like it could be the starter relay or starter itself. An electrical thing dyeing when hot.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well, I know many things that it COULD be...I was hoping there would be someone here who had the exact same problem and could say, "it was the XXX, I replaced that and it fixed it." Or if there was a specific (and hopefully not too difficult) troubleshooting step to isolate the problem.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts