Yamaha Forums banner

2007 R6 rebuild

19K views 73 replies 12 participants last post by  xzpolskix 
#1 ·
So here is the 2007 R6 that I went to pick up from NY. These are just the beginning pictures so it will look ugly for a week or two but it's a start.

Hopefully by the weekend I will get some pictures of the bike by itself and then next week I should start getting it looking pretty again.

See less See more
#2 ·
Good luck on the adventure ahead!

#9 ·
Parts replaced so far:
Top and bottom of speedometer (with new screws to hold it together), fairing stay bolts (MIA when I got the bike), clutch switch on handle (bike will only start if kickstand is up), Yamaha spools in black, Graves exup motor eliminator

Total spent so far: $283.21

#13 ·
More parts ordered today:

Fairing stay, dampers for fairing stay, various nuts and bolts: $197.58
Proton flushmount turnsignals: $96.30

Total for project so far: $1583.21

Hoping to have some update pics in a few days since my HID's are coming in tomorrow and should have everything mounted up besides the fairings.

#17 · (Edited)
Finally got an e-mail last night that my fairings will be in next week so today I went in and bought my first set of parts for the fairings.
Here are a few things I ordered this week for the bike:

Bike parts
BMC street air filter: $86.67
Headlight relays: $34.24

Maintenance parts
Engine Ice, Royal Purple oil, oil filter, crush washer: $92.73

Parts total so far: $1953.23
Maintenance total so far: $92.73

Subtotal so far: $2045.96

#19 ·
Never had an R1. R6's are good if you ride a lot in the twisties since they are a lot easier to throw around. The R1's are more or less meant for straight line 190mph driving.
I'm still a rookie to the riding world, only been riding about a year now so an R6 is plenty for right now.

#21 ·
Then yea, same principal applies to the SS's. Personally I don't see a need for an R1 unless you got extra money laying around and want to be able to say "my bike can do BLAH mph".
Not saying that an R6 will beat an R1 at the track, but for the majority of us riders an R6 is plenty for the streets and track.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.