Yamaha Forums banner
1 - 20 of 74 Posts

·
Banned
2,476 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So here is the 2007 R6 that I went to pick up from NY. These are just the beginning pictures so it will look ugly for a week or two but it's a start.

Hopefully by the weekend I will get some pictures of the bike by itself and then next week I should start getting it looking pretty again.

·
Premium Member
180 Posts
Good luck on the adventure ahead!

·
Banned
2,476 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Parts replaced so far:
Top and bottom of speedometer (with new screws to hold it together), fairing stay bolts (MIA when I got the bike), clutch switch on handle (bike will only start if kickstand is up), Yamaha spools in black, Graves exup motor eliminator

Total spent so far: $283.21

·
Banned
2,476 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
More parts ordered today:

Fairing stay, dampers for fairing stay, various nuts and bolts: $197.58
Proton flushmount turnsignals: $96.30

Total for project so far: $1583.21

Hoping to have some update pics in a few days since my HID's are coming in tomorrow and should have everything mounted up besides the fairings.

·
Banned
2,476 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
More parts ordered:

Some type of cover that goes under my vent, dampers for that vent and end caps w/ bolt: $71.17
CustomLED integrated taillight, CustomLED flasher relay: $177.94

Updated total so far: $1832.32

·
Registered
39 Posts
I´m sure it´ll look really nice once you have finished the re-construction... :riding:
P.S.: Really nice colour...

·
Banned
2,476 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 · (Edited)
Finally got an e-mail last night that my fairings will be in next week so today I went in and bought my first set of parts for the fairings.
Here are a few things I ordered this week for the bike:

Bike parts
BMC street air filter: $86.67
Headlight relays: $34.24

Maintenance parts
Engine Ice, Royal Purple oil, oil filter, crush washer: $92.73

Parts total so far: $1953.23
Maintenance total so far: $92.73

Subtotal so far: $2045.96

·
Banned
2,476 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Never had an R1. R6's are good if you ride a lot in the twisties since they are a lot easier to throw around. The R1's are more or less meant for straight line 190mph driving.
I'm still a rookie to the riding world, only been riding about a year now so an R6 is plenty for right now.

1 - 20 of 74 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.