Yamaha Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an 05 and an 06 450 but for some reason if i start at a dead stop with both, the 05 will kill the 06, the 06 tachs out extremely quick, theyre both timed Identical, and the sprockets, tires, and valve springs are all identical, any ideas? Im going nuts, I also changed the CDI boxes on them and they both do what they were doing before, 05 flies, 06 slow, any ideas would be greatly appreciated, thanks alot

·
Premium Member
924 Posts
If the 06 is taching out as fast as the 05 with the same load on both, the clutch may be slipping. Past that, it would be in the air flow through the engine = air filter/box, combustion chamber carbon, then exhaust.

In a 220 yd run, how much difference is there?

·
Premium Member
610 Posts
I would say its the clutch also. Before you go buy a new clutch make sure its not just your clutch purtch adjusted out to far also. It could aslo be the zip tie mod but that wouldnt make as much sense if its reving to the moon faster

·
Premium Member
36 Posts
Are they both stock? If you haven't had them both since they were new, I would suspect the 05 has had the cam mod done and the 06 hasn't or it isn't jetted correctly. It is really amazing the difference uncorking the exhaust, removing the airbox lid, the cam mod, and some jetting can make!

·
Premium Member
610 Posts
Are they both stock? If you haven't had them both since they were new, I would suspect the 05 has had the cam mod done and the 06 hasn't or it isn't jetted correctly. It is really amazing the difference uncorking the exhaust, removing the airbox lid, the cam mod, and some jetting can make!
But the cam mod would make the 05 rev faster than the 06. The 06 is slower and tacks out faster...

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
both of them have the same mods. in 220 yards the 05 is pulling away from me due that when its in 5th gear all it really does is hit the rev box it does the same thing in fourth to.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Are tthey piped? If there diffrent they will have a diffrent power curve

·
Registered
14 Posts
when i had my 06 it was really slow to and topped out in like two seconds now when i got my 04 i feel like i have a street bike motor in it compared to the 06 i had 04 is much faster than 06 idk why but it just is

1 - 8 of 8 Posts