Yamaha Forums banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently purchased a used 2006 VK Professional in excellent condition with only 963 KM. Previous owner had it totally tuned-up, carb kit ,fuel lines... ran perfectly at the shop where I picked it up. loaded into my cargo trailer and brought it home. Installed a trickle charger for the battery. A week later, temperatures dropped to minus 20 C, so decided to start it up. Took a bit of time and cranking but it eventually started. Backfired a lot while turning it over... choke on all the way... warmed it up as required, because of local bi-laws could only drive around the yard/driveway... ran great... parked it.
Bought spare spark plugs. NGK CR8E. Another week goes by and temperatures dropped to minus 30. So decided to start it up again. Have not gone anywhere with it as we have to drive a ways for a ride... we have a trip planned mid-January. Anyways, this time, the sled would not start and keep running. Choke on all the way or not. Backfired a lot. and when it did start, would run less than 5-8 seconds then quit. Killed the battery a few times, still hooked up to battery tender, so it charged ok. Anyways never did get it running.
While looking into storage under the seat, saw a package of spark plus. they are NGK CR7E. they were used, so assuming they came out of the sled and that is what the shop replaced. The manual states CR8E plugs and I am certain there are CR7e in the engine. What is the difference and is it enough to cause my sled not to start.. appreciate any comments.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts