Yamaha Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’ve been searching all over trying to find the correct wheels for my four wheeler. The ones that need replaced say 12 x 6 Front.
12 x 7.5 Back. All I see online is 12 x 7 F&B. Any help would be appreciated.

·
Super Moderator
452 Posts
I’ve been searching all over trying to find the correct wheels for my four wheeler. The ones that need replaced say 12 x 6 Front.
12 x 7.5 Back. All I see online is 12 x 7 F&B. Any help would be appreciated.
You can use any size you want. I would simply explore something close that will accept lots of different tire types. This gives you more options.
I think 12x7 is most likely a good choice.

·
Super Moderator
452 Posts
Thanks. I’m concerned though of messing up the gear box in 4x4 if I change to much size.
The thing to do is just be sure you have the same diameter size front and back.
In your case it's 25". The wheel size doesn't matter as long as they fit the axle, over the brakes in the front, ect.
So bottom line just be sure to get the same DIAMETER (25 inch) tire front and rear.
as an example: height x width - rim size
so... 25 x 7 - 12
the only difference between your 12x6 and 12x7.5 is the width of the wheel. Just go with like a 12x7 front and back with the same 25" tire and you will be good to go.
Even with a 7" wide wheel in the front the difference is only 1/2" (from the 6) and that equals only 1/4" on each side of the hub. So you should have no problem with it rubbing.

After writing that book I thought it might be good to just simple it up and say, get the 12x7 with 25" tires to fit your quad and you will be good.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts