Yamaha Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I REPLACED THE STARTER SOLENOID RELAY, IT STARTED BUT I FORGOT TO REDUCE THE CHOKE (TALKING TO A FRIEND) IT STOPPED AND CAN'T GET IT TO RESTART, ADDED NEW
PLUGS, ORDERED A NEW FUEL PET COCK, SEEMS TO NOT GETTING A SPARK. ANY HELP, SUGGESTIONS, I AM OLDER JUST DON'T KNOW IF I'LL BE ABLE TO RIDE NEXT YEARS!
THANKS..6/23/2021

·
Administrator "Loose Nut" - From Houston, Texas
65 Posts
A spark tester can confirm spark that can picked up at any automotive store:

If you are getting spark then fuel would be next to test. Try taking some starter fluid into the air filter. It should at least fire once or twice, if it does fire with starter fluid you are not getting fuel. Post back you results and we can go from there. We'll get you going.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
A spark tester can confirm spark that can picked up at any automotive store:
View attachment 1558

If you are getting spark then fuel would be next to test. Try taking some starter fluid into the air filter. It should at least fire once or twice, if it does fire with starter fluid you are not getting fuel. Post back you results and we can go from there. We'll get you going.
Thanks

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I REPLACED THE STARTER SOLENOID RELAY, IT STARTED BUT I FORGOT TO REDUCE THE CHOKE (TALKING TO A FRIEND) IT STOPPED AND CAN'T GET IT TO RESTART, ADDED NEW
PLUGS, ORDERED A NEW FUEL PET COCK, SEEMS TO NOT GETTING A SPARK. ANY HELP, SUGGESTIONS, I AM OLDER JUST DON'T KNOW IF I'LL BE ABLE TO RIDE NEXT YEARS!
THANKS..6/23/2021
I WILL BE ADDING NEW COILS..NO SPARK-AFTER 20 YEARS WE ALL COULD USE NEW PARTS..6/26/21

·
Administrator "Loose Nut" - From Houston, Texas
65 Posts
Normally nothing. If both could are bad the pickup coil has probably failed. You can easily test coils and pickup. Here's a few good links for testing.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Normally nothing. If both could are bad the pickup coil has probably failed. You can easily test coils and pickup. Here's a few good links for testing.

We have determined the Coils are bad, I ordered 2 from Partzilla when rec'd the spark plug boots were Not attached, Can I attach the old boots to it?? thanks 7/8/21

1 - 15 of 15 Posts