Yamaha Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good evening and I appreciate being able to tap into the knowledge on this forum. I am hoping for some guidance on the timing chain guides. I replaced the piston, rings, valve seals, and lapped the valves due to worn oil seals on the head. During reassembly I don't think I'm doing something correctly. The chain guide that comes out seems to be sitting high and will have to flexed a little to get the cam gear in. It appears it is in the slot correctly but I think I'm doing something incorrectly. This is the first time I've replace the top end on this kind of ATV so be easy on me. Thanks in advance for the guidance. I'm attaching a photo.

Attachments

·
Registered
20 Posts
Is the lower slipper in the slot of the case? Then that is out of the way for now.
Is it easy to install the cam and chain onto the pin and all that? Then that is out of the way.
Take the test run. No hardware is torqued down... go for it. Come back and say I got it never mind and/or this is now a follow so get back if any problems. It only goes together one way. So I think you leave the tensioner out to set the sprocket on. But I think you know that already... continue.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts