Yamaha Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A year or two ago I bought a ttr125 from a kid who claimed he “rebuilt it”, and said it was smoking from the paint he put on the exhaust. After a while I could tell that the smoke was from oil, so I did an oil change. Then I realized it was leaking from the top end of the motor. So I bought a kit to rebuild it and it turns out he didn’t take off the old gasket when putting on new one so oil was pissing through the gasket of the top end. Now to get to the point, on top of all of this, the bike is bogging. So I cleaned the carb multiple times, played with the air-fuel screw, and the idle screw and yet it’s still bogging, so I’m here to ask if there is any suggestions on what to do to carb before I just buy a whole new one.

·
Registered
Way too many to list....
26 Posts
Check intake , air filter , for restriction , carbs are pretty simple , clean with spray carb cleaner , HP air. Be sure to remove hi , and pilot jet and clean with a wire from a wood handle wire brush .. check float height , set idle mixture screw about 1 3/4 turns out to start then adjust from there . Be sure to check muffler and spark arrestor screen ......

1 - 2 of 2 Posts