Yamaha Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all, new to the forum, not new to Yamaha atv’s or sleds or bikes. Just picked up an 01 big bear in real solid shape. It needs a few things, one being a front driveshaft. Don’t ask me how but the previous owner broke an ear out of the front diff yoke, and thusly took the whole driveshaft out. I have the yoke at the transmission and that’s it. Not finding a lot available around online for a new one, and seems like most of the used ones are from the years surrounding 2001. For instance I found a decent 03 driveshaft that says it will not fit my 01. Looking for guidance on which years will work for my rig. Thanks in advance!!

·
Administrator "Loose Nut" - From Houston, Texas
170 Posts
I look up the different years on an OEM site. If the part numbers are the same it will fit. This has worked well over the years for parts interchangeable.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
So, I've found the part number for the front shaft: 5FU-G6173-00-00. Looks like they were only the same shaft for 2000 and 2001. Not finding much luck around good ol' e-bay. Is there any way of "updating", so to speak, to the newer setup that anyone is aware of? Thanks

1 - 5 of 5 Posts