Yamaha Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hay everyone,
Went to work the other day and noticed that my head lights was not working. So, after testing everything I came to realize the switch was the problem. After I opened the left side controls for the high and low beam the switch fell apart!
So, my Question:
Looking on different sites to replace this whole switch assembly, I was wondering if there is any difference in the switches as to?
Do the years need to be the same year or is there a range of compatible years?
Can I use the one off a 950,1100 and would the plugs be the same and wires be the same length as OEM?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. There are many that look identical to mine just not sure which will work?

James

·
Registered
327 Posts
Hay everyone,
Went to work the other day and noticed that my head lights was not working. So, after testing everything I came to realize the switch was the problem. After I opened the left side controls for the high and low beam the switch fell apart!
So, my Question:
Looking on different sites to replace this whole switch assembly, I was wondering if there is any difference in the switches as to?
Do the years need to be the same year or is there a range of compatible years?
Can I use the one off a 950,1100 and would the plugs be the same and wires be the same length as OEM?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. There are many that look identical to mine just not sure which will work?

James
Good question, not likely anyone will respond that knows for sure, this forum is pretty dead. I say you better compare them closely before buying, probably only thing you can do.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sounds good. Well thank you for responding, I will try to get ahold of Yamaha tomorrow and see what they have to say. I will post what information They give me just in case, it may help others.

·
Registered
327 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes it is #21. I was told that all 650’s are all compatible/ interchangeable. Not sure if this is fact or not! I got one off a 02, I hope it will work for now until I am back to work and can buy new.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts