Yamaha Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for some help. I have a 2000 phazer mountain lite, when starting it floods the piston on the clutch side. I replace the plug and it will run fine. I drove it 40 km's the other day with no problems. Then I try and restart the next day and it floods again on the same side. Any idea what the problem(s) may be.

·
Premium Member
924 Posts
It could be a compression or ignition issue, but the first place (and most likely) to look would be the carburetor on that side = float valve not seating, bad float, or a loose jet.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Adam for the reply. I had the compression checked that was good. I will have to get the carbs serviced because that is out of my league or at least I think it is.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hey Adam,

I wanted to give an update. I had my carbs serviced and the technican found that they were dirty, and the problem of flooding was the float was sticking. He cleaned it up and made the necessary adjustments. I got my machine back and it starts and runs fine. Thanks again for your help and maybe this may help other newbies like myself.

·
Premium Member
806 Posts
Hey Adam,

I wanted to give an update. I had my carbs serviced and the technican found that they were dirty, and the problem of flooding was the float was sticking. He cleaned it up and made the necessary adjustments. I got my machine back and it starts and runs fine. Thanks again for your help and maybe this may help other newbies like myself.
Awesome! That is great news! Thanks for the update! :thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
924 Posts
Cool, I'm glad everything worked out good :thumbsup:
Post up some pictures of the phazer if you can :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts