1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Banned
2,476 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Last weekend, had a long story when I went to NY to pick up a bike:
First story

**Cliffnotes at the bottom**

As some of you know (or have read in the story above), I picked up a wrecked 07 R6 last week and am in the process of restoring it. During the past week, I found a guy that was selling a headlight assembly in Wisconsin so I decided to drve up there with a buddy and pick it up since it's A LOT cheaper that ordering from Yamaha. I got the headlight assembly and 3rd eye (light in the middle) for $225 whereas just the headlight assembly without bulb covers would have run me down a minimum of $300.
Anyways, it's a 2 hour drive and we get on the highway to be on our way and my clutch on my car starts sticking. I clutch in to shift gears, and when I let go it's only half engaged. When I revved it up to get more speed, it was too much so the front wheels would hop. Not cool.
My buddy tells me to go back to his house so we can take his car, so I get off at the 1st exit I can and right before I get to the lights, the clutch completely goes. I push down on the clutch and it's spongey so I know it's done for. I'm still in 2nd gear so I make the turn and get to the next lights which are red. Luckily we were downhill, as soon as the lights turn green I push it off into a sidestreet and call my wifey to get me a towing truck (she works for an insurance company so she gets a discount).
My car is about a coke can and a half off the ground so she orders up a flatbed truck so that the exhaust or reaer bumper don't get dragged. The guy says he is on his way, but 2 hours later he's still not there. While we wait, 2 towing trucks (flatbeds) who were just driving by, stop and offer assistance but I said "no thanks, I got a guy coming".
In the meantime, I called up another buddy so he can get us a ride after the car is towed. He waits with us for an hour, and then I finally decide that my passenger gets a ride from our buddy who was waiting so he can pick up his car and meet me where my stopped car is. About 20 minutes after they leave, the towing truck shows up. AND OF COURSE, IT'S NOT A FLATBED!!!!
I was pissed. I waited 2 hours, just so the dude could show up with a regular truck.
He hooks up the truck and says "ok, well I'm gonna tow it to Mark's" (my shop I go to that the driver knows too).
I said, "uh, do you have a spot in the truck cause my ride won't be here for another half hour."
"Nope, and I gotta go cause I got another tow I have to go to"
HOLY HELL WAS I PISSED
So I was left standing in 40 degree MAX weather, but with the wind blowing it felt like in the 30's. I called my buddy was went to pick up his car and he was flying, got back in like 15 minutes. My hands were frozen, but I was alright, just a little chilled.
After all that, we finally take off for WI and we pick up the headlight assembly and third light and come back. When we got home, we had to celebrate a rough day with some good old vodka

cliffnotes:
-rebuilding my bike
-found a headlight assembly for cheap in Wisconsin
-decided to take my car (2 hour drive each way)
-About 5 miles into the drive, clutch stops workin (reservoir blew up, so no fluid)
-call my wifey to get us a towing truck (gets a discount through her work)
-she asks for a flatbed since my car is low to the ground (coke can and a half off the ground)
-after an hour still no truck (few show up cause they saw us sitting, but I decline since mine is on it's way)
-call buddy so that once truck shows, he can give us a lift to my passengers house so we can take his car
-after waiting 2 hours, I tell my passenger to just go with my other buddy who is waiting and then come back with his car
-20 minutes after they leave, towing truck shows up
-NOT A FLATBED
-leaves me stranded because he had to room in his cab
-my buddy comes flying back in his car and picks me up
-we went to WI and picked up the headlight
-came home and drank our saturday away

I hope next saturday will be a better day :doh:

·
Premium Member
924 Posts
You should consider staying home next week end and if you have to make any ordering hit the net! :)
I'm glad everything went ok.

·
Premium Member
180 Posts
WOW, this is awesome! (for us at least, not for you) It's like a soap opera, lol. "Next week on....The Curse of the Rebuild" haha But seriously, that sucks man. UPS has some good shipping prices if you are interested. Just a thought.

·
Banned
2,476 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
:biggrin:
Yea, I'm thinking of writing a book if one more thing happens. Everyone is telling me to just ship stuff instead of going and picking it up myself. Some of my buddies are telling me to stay home this weekend so that nothing bad happens.
I'm actually having fun. Nobody got hurt, so I don't mind. Plus it's a good story.
Hopefully I'll have one for this weekend too.
Stay tuned :notetoself:

·
Premium Member
180 Posts
You got any more good stories for us from this past weekend Chris?

Chapter 3........lol

·
Banned
2,476 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
You got any more good stories for us from this past weekend Chris?

Chapter 3........lol
lol

No, sorry. Went to a party on Friday night and got wasted, so plenty of funny stories from the party but nothing good enough to share. I'll definitely keep you guys posted :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts