Yamaha Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all! I just adopted a 96 Virago 750. The battery is fully charged (load was checked), but when I go to start it, I only get a machine gun clicking sound. I was told by dealership it was the starter relay. the part he pointed me to was the Relay Assembly (25G-81950-02-00). Find it hard to believe that this will be the solution, but when it comes to mechanics, I am usually wrong and always surprised.

My real question is could this be the fault of the solenoid (5A8-86110-50-00)?

And the bigger question is, where the heck is that solenoid? Diagrams online at parts sites are stick figures and no matter how hard I look, I just can’t find it. Anyone out there have a 21st century visual they can share?

I ordered the Relay (25G-81950-02-00) online for $12. That comes Thursday. The solenoid (5A8-86110-50-00) is $35, but I’m holding off on that because I feel like it’s a phantom part.

Thanks for any help!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hey all! I just adopted a 96 Virago 750. The battery is fully charged (load was checked), but when I go to start it, I only get a machine gun clicking sound. I was told by dealership it was the starter relay. the part he pointed me to was the Relay Assembly (25G-81950-02-00). Find it hard to believe that this will be the solution, but when it comes to mechanics, I am usually wrong and always surprised.

My real question is could this be the fault of the solenoid (5A8-86110-50-00)?

And the bigger question is, where the heck is that solenoid? Diagrams online at parts sites are stick figures and no matter how hard I look, I just can’t find it. Anyone out there have a 21st century visual they can share?

I ordered the Relay (25G-81950-02-00) online for $12. That comes Thursday. The solenoid (5A8-86110-50-00) is $35, but I’m holding off on that because I feel like it’s a phantom part.

Thanks for any help!
I'd replace the solenoid relay, not expensive, don't buy jap. I replaced mine plus coils, stator & pickup coil..it was accidentally short - got everything. good luck

1 - 2 of 2 Posts