Yamaha Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It just grabs all of a sudden 100%. Hell trying to start in first. Just replaced the engine with one from Maryland, this new one is hell. Is there a oil additive to smooth out the clutch. It's s wet clutch from engine oil on that model.

I think that new engine probably sat awhile without running.

I'd have to get the additive at a auto parts store. All the cycle stores seem to be closed in Mi.

·
Registered
327 Posts
It just grabs all of a sudden 100%. Hell trying to start in first. Just replaced the engine with one from Maryland, this new one is hell. Is there a oil additive to smooth out the clutch. It's s wet clutch from engine oil on that model.

I think that new engine probably sat awhile without running.

I'd have to get the additive at a auto parts store. All the cycle stores seem to be closed in Mi.
Make sure to put motorcycle oil in it (for wet clutches) I don't think there is any correct additive for this type of thing.

It could be it just needs to break in a bit. Try starting in second for a while, hope it gets better. Let us know how it goes.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
where doest the oil come from on a wet clutch?

May have a blockage. Where is the oil to wet the clutch come from? Outside or inside the clutch? Took it apart and soaked it, but seems to be drying out again.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts