Yamaha Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guy's
I have fitted a replacement wiring loom to the Virago i am rebuilding, i have the light's working but when i turn on the ign the petrol pump start's running, there is a very small amount of elec charge when i touch the exhaust or head light rim anybody know what's going on here ? I have two 2 wire black connectors under the petrol tank with no connector to plug them into along with one 4 wire connector black and one 4 white with no connector to fit them to also under the tank. I am using a Haynes manuel and the diagrams don't match the loom i have which was sold to me as a loom for a 1990 virago.

Regards John

·
Registered
2 Posts
Your post is more than 12 months old, hence your problem has probably been solved a long time ago, but just in case it is not I have knowledge of the wiring of XV535 of 1990 and also 1994 models. The loom changed in 1994 due to a change from two crank position sensing coils to a single crank sensor, and a change in the TCI Igniter Unit to accommodate the single crank sensing coil. That change also involved a change in the rotor as the magnets driving the crank sensor coils were different. I seem to recall a change in the relays as well.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts