Yamaha Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Super Moderator
1986 FZ 600
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As in the title, I have given a farmer $100.00 and in return he used the bucket of his tractor to sling the corpse of a motorcycle out of the weeds & onto my trailer.

I had noticed the bike in a field out behind his barn and after a couple months of driving by I stopped in. I am a Suzuki guy and was hoping it was an ‘85 GSXR 750 but the Yamaha on the engine cover told me different. I thanked him for his time and left. He had said it was going to scrap & just hadn’t got around to putting it in the truck.

I looked it up and saw what it once was & decided it wasn’t going to the crusher.

Tire Wheel Fuel tank Vehicle Automotive lighting

Tire Automotive parking light Wheel Plant Vehicle

Tire Plant Wheel Fuel tank Automotive fuel system

For those not familiar, this is what it once was

Wheel Tire Motorcycle Automotive tire Automotive lighting

·
Super Moderator
1986 FZ 600
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
The back story is that his son owned it. Apparently the young man had some addiction problems and crashed it in the early 2000’s then proceeded to make really bad repairs. It was promptly wheeled out in the field behind the barn and has been there since.

My build threads usually contain video as it is way easier than typing pages and posting a ton of pics.

This is when I first got it home. Honestly there should be some kind of warning posted - the images are hard to look at it is so bad.

·
Super Moderator
1986 FZ 600
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
For some good news. There is oil in it and it is dark not milky so no water got in that I have seen yet. I removed the side cover and turned the engine over with a ratchet. Aside from the mashed generator grinding on itself, the engine turned smoothly and I could feel compression. No valves were shaking hands with pistons.

Given the state of the electrics I didn’t dare put power to it and spin it with the starter.

·
Registered
Way too many to list....
164 Posts
I rode one of those , once ... Did'nt ride another for a couple years , then my daughter asked me to take her on a ride on a borrowed bike .... OK , let's go ... rode till my big wreck , then another 10 yrs. On the sidelines .... Been back on since 2016... Nice bike , wish I had one , or a newer R6 ....

1 - 4 of 4 Posts