Yamaha Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi folks,
I have read a lot of information on a few forums this past few days. wow

I just purchased a G1 was told it was an 84 and it has an 84 manual but under vin # is 85/09 so I would think 85 or even 86 model built in 85. LOL. this is not that important but the real issue is...

Both solenoids click when put in forward or reverse as expected. the voltage across the small post on solenoids is activated when the peddle pushed and click is present. on both F and R.

The two connections on starter back A1 and A2 have power with test light on one side or the other depending on the F or R selection. The test light goes out when peddle is pushed.

F1 and F2 have system voltage

The two small wires from the starter red and green is hot on Red with peddle pushed or not but green is not hot at all.

This cart is old but has never been used for golf and garage kept, only slight campground use. no rust on anything in fact all exhaust parts etc. have nice black paint still.

the cart worked great till is got partly submerged in a fresh water flood 12 months ago . Engine is fine and every thing turns by hand including starter.

I have 9 sections of my lower spine bolted together and thought to ask for any direction help for my next time the pain killers work enough to play with it again. I hope to use it to hang out with the family at a campground soon.

http://yamahaforum.com/forums/images/YamahaForum_2015/smilies/tango_face_glasses.png

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
update to: 1985 G1 clicks no turn over

Hey, just thought to say I followed a posted test procedure for the starter and it did not spin.
removed it (by removing the muffler that was surprisingly heavy)

The starter is all rust inside and would need a total rebuild so I bought a new one on Amazon for $136
sweet.

:)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts